Dashboards & Visualizations

In the new Dashboard Studio, How do I use the single value result from two different visualizations or panels in another

cindygibbs_08
Communicator

Hello People I hope you have a great day, I was wondering if it was possible use the single value result number from two different single panels in the new dashboard studio to calculate a number for another panel. 

{
	"visualizations": {
		"viz_1whRYHqR": {
			"type": "splunk.singlevalue",
			"options": {},
			"dataSources": {
				"primary": "ds_CkQhZEL4"
			}
		},
		"viz_CjroGwDf": {
			"type": "splunk.singlevalue",
			"options": {},
				"primary": "ds_92ZZLR3E"
			}
		}
	},
		"ds_92ZZLR3E": {
			"type": "ds.search",
			"options": {
				"query": "| index=\"A\"\n| search B=*\n|  stats dc(B) as OK"
			},
			"name": "Search_1"
		},
		"ds_CkQhZEL4": {
			"type": "ds.search",
			"options": {
				"query": "| index=\"o\"\n| search z=*\n|  stats dc(z) as FAIL"
			},
			"name": "Search_2"

I have used a super simple search query as an example but they are actually a lot more complex and the faster way to obtain the result from my third panel will be to sum the results from the two previous ones I would be so thankful if you guys could help me out with this.  I know I have to use some tokens but I have been trying to look for info on it in splunk but I cant seem to find a wa, thank you so much guys,

Kindly Cindy

Labels (1)
0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @cindygibbs_08 - Do I understand correctly that you want to use the results from these two single values and pass them into another search/visualization? If so, that is not yet supported in Studio, but it's on the roadmap! 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...