Dashboards & Visualizations

If 1 user is added to two different roles how will splunk behave?

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Hi,

Example: I have a user who is added to 2 different roles.
And each role has its own default apps and those apps have some default dashboards.
So when a user logs in to splunk by default he should see the app/dashboard as per the roles assigned to him.

What happens in the scenario when the user is assigned to two different roles ?
Would he be seeing both or one app based on some condition takes precedence over the other or what would happen ?

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Super Champion

Hi @surekhasplunk,
It will prioritise in alphabetical order of your role name i.e. the role which comes first in alphabetical order that capability of default dashboard is set.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Super Champion

Hi @surekhasplunk,
It will prioritise in alphabetical order of your role name i.e. the role which comes first in alphabetical order that capability of default dashboard is set.

0 Karma

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Thanks @493669,

Then in that case what should i do if i want to show both the apps or give an option to choose from both apps ?

0 Karma

Super Champion

you can show only one app as default app...for particular user set default app as launcher(Home) app

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...