Dashboards & Visualizations

Howcan I create a dashboard only no other options menus or authorization login?

dannux
Path Finder

Hello,

Quick question about this subject Splunk 4

Ideally, I need to create a dashboard for several groups. I need them to access quickly every time they want. I do not want them to have to use a userid or password and they should have access only to the dashboard.

Is this possible?

I tried to play with options and permission but I did not get anywhere.

Thanks, Dan

0 Karma

jbp4444
Path Finder

The link that Johnvey gave didn't work for me ... this is probably it:

http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/4.2.2/Developer/3rdParty

0 Karma

dannux
Path Finder

Thank you very much for your answer. It helped a lot!

0 Karma

Johnvey
Contributor

All requests to Splunk must be authenticated. Version 4 offers two methods to accomplish this:

1. Single sign-on: this integrates with a centralized authentication system, like LDAP, to transparently authenticate users.
  2. Insecure login: this allows developers to inject a username and password directly into the URI to auto-login. Obviously, this exposes user credentials and should be used cautiously.

Creating a dashboard with no menus or other headers involves creating a view that only outputs the desired charts or tables. A simple example is listed here. For full information about view development, see the developer's reference.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...