Dashboards & Visualizations

How to use the drop down menu to change chart output on the dashboard?

angersleek
Path Finder

My logs looks as follows.

2018-04-16T14:55:59.661351812Z ns=test1 container_id=gitfdchvjbew7354e6rdf3h container_name=somejboss.dsjfhbv77-deployment-7-zhsdw_test1_0bewfjgh2-3325-gde8-a270-fa163e4bed7f_2958c3da message={"log": "\u001b[0m\u001b[0m07:55:59,660 INFO  [com.some.test.ty] (http-10.1.25.7:8888-111)  Thread[312] Class[com.some.test.one.controller.SomeController.getSomwthing] Message[  { Campaign=MYCampaign, ClientNm=myclient, CCC=111, anid=null, link=null, myCode:null, locale=en_US, someSource=null, encryptedSome:null} SERVICE=FIND_SOMETHING , FIND_SOMETHING_TIME_TAKEN=139 , clientNm=myclient , locale=en_US , STATUS=SUCCESS , ]\n", "stream": "stdout"} pod_container=jboss pod=test1-deployment-7-gfsdf 

I currently have made a search for ns=test* and got above log outputs.
I've made a filter gauge counting up all logs that has STATUS=SUCCESS. This gauge chart is now on my dashboard.

I want to add a dropdown field to my dashboard and use it to select different tests and make the chart change accordingly.
For example, instead of the current ns=test*, use the drop down options to search ns=test1, ns=test2 and so on.

The following is the 'search String' for my gauge chart.

| pivot my_model_name RootObject count(RootObject) AS "Count of 623547.938214_64B0B12-A261-4FE3-A9D7-4905CAT2BD74" FILTER STATUS startsWith URL ROWSUMMARY 0 COLSUMMARY 0 NUMCOLS 0 SHOWOTHER 1

Under the drop down static options, adding in data there seems to have no effect when I do a search.
Under the dynamic Options, tried adding ns=test1 to test but the chart just seems to halt.
Is there any way I can do this? Thanks.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Dynamic option looks for a query ideally you would put a query which gets you the unique ns name either using stats by ns or dedup ns. Refer to documentation: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/Buildandeditforms#Static_and_dynamic_inputs_...

Can you please try the following query in Search bar and see if you get the list of unique ns values?

| tstats count from datamodel=my_model_name  BY ns
| fields ns

If it does use this as the query for Dynamic Options.

angersleek
Path Finder

I am in Verbose mode and when I do the search, I seem to get lots of events, yet after awhile the search results says 'No Results found' using the above query.

Just to test, added the query 'ns=test1' to Dynamic Options over at dashboard.
Field for label: Orange.
Field for Value: Apple.

Getting the error message: 'Duplicate values causing conflict'.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...