Dashboards & Visualizations

How to sort on single value in trellis?

timmym123
Engager

I am trying to sort the trellis boxes(single values) based on the value within them, not alphabetically. I'm unable to change the order of the boxes when i sort by any field.

Current:
A B C
3 1 9

Desired:
B A C
1 3 9

The issue may be related to SPL-142769 from: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/564804/how-can-i-change-the-sort-order-of-data-in-a-trell.html

I was unable to find this issue. Anyone with a similar experience?

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The way to do it is by prepending a series of leading white space which will pull those values to the top/left. Assuming that you have (or can create) a field named severity where the higher the number, the worse it is, you can use code like this:

... | rename COMMENT AS "Pad with spaces to ensure that the metrics with the worst value show up first on the trellis!"
| eval YourTrellisFIeldNameHere = printf("%*s", len(YourTrellisFIeldNameHere) + severity, YourTrellisFIeldNameHere)
0 Karma

marcos_eng1
Explorer

Can you please give a more detailed example, I am trying to use it with no sucess.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

@timmym123, please come back and try this, it will work!

0 Karma

mhoogcarspel_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

SPL-142769 is indeed the correct reference for this, to be able to sort the trellis layout.
This is a still outstanding request at the moment.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...