Dashboards & Visualizations

How to show "0" when a single value component don't have results to show in new Dashboard Studio dashboard?

pstamati
Path Finder

Hello

I'm using the new dashboard studio, and have a couple of single value and single value + trending components. I want these to show a "0" when no results are available for a given component instead of the default icon:

pstamati_1-1654100868170.png

the single value has a |timechart count at the end and shows results when available, however it shows the default when no results are available and is something I want to fix, to make it clearer to the user.

While I tried with |fillnull , |fillnull value=0 count and even adding "shouldSparklineAcceptNullData":true in the code section for that single value, nothing seems to address this problem.

Any idea how can I have a 0 showing ? I have read multiple questions around the same topic, however no of the answers I found seems to work for me sadly.

Thanks in advance for any help this awesome community can provide.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @pstamati,

if you search using Google or the Community, there are many answers about this topic.

Anyway, you have to add at the end of your search

| appendpipe [stats count | where count=0]

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @pstamati,

if you search using Google or the Community, there are many answers about this topic.

Anyway, you have to add at the end of your search

| appendpipe [stats count | where count=0]

Ciao.

Giuseppe

pstamati
Path Finder

I certainly google it and tried a lot of answers but none of them worked. In any case, thanks as yours did work!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @pstamati,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...