Dashboards & Visualizations

How to show "0" when a single value component don't have results to show in new Dashboard Studio dashboard?

pstamati
Path Finder

Hello

I'm using the new dashboard studio, and have a couple of single value and single value + trending components. I want these to show a "0" when no results are available for a given component instead of the default icon:

pstamati_1-1654100868170.png

the single value has a |timechart count at the end and shows results when available, however it shows the default when no results are available and is something I want to fix, to make it clearer to the user.

While I tried with |fillnull , |fillnull value=0 count and even adding "shouldSparklineAcceptNullData":true in the code section for that single value, nothing seems to address this problem.

Any idea how can I have a 0 showing ? I have read multiple questions around the same topic, however no of the answers I found seems to work for me sadly.

Thanks in advance for any help this awesome community can provide.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @pstamati,

if you search using Google or the Community, there are many answers about this topic.

Anyway, you have to add at the end of your search

| appendpipe [stats count | where count=0]

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @pstamati,

if you search using Google or the Community, there are many answers about this topic.

Anyway, you have to add at the end of your search

| appendpipe [stats count | where count=0]

Ciao.

Giuseppe

pstamati
Path Finder

I certainly google it and tried a lot of answers but none of them worked. In any case, thanks as yours did work!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @pstamati,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...