Dashboards & Visualizations

How to show column chart with 0 values in field and not omit them? (example given)

ayushizile

This is the query I've written

| eval sr1=if(priority=1, 1, 0) | eval sr3=if(priority=3, 1, 0) | eval sr2=if(priority=2, 1, 0)

| table caseNumber sr1 sr2 sr3

| eventstats sum(sr3) as totalsr3, sum(sr2) as totalsr2, sum(sr1) as totalsr1

| stats first(totalsr1) first(totalsr2) first(totalsr3)

Output:
first(totalsr1) first(totalsr2) first(totalsr3)
0 1 128

But the column chart shows only 2 columns (first(totalsr2) first(totalsr3)). The data might change in future to have non-zero value in only ONE field..so I want to show column graph with zero values too and not omit them. What am I missing?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

hi @ayushizile

You have to give one x-axis or you can add |transpose to end of your query..

| eval sr1=if(priority=1, 1, 0) | eval sr3=if(priority=3, 1, 0) | eval sr2=if(priority=2, 1, 0) 
| table caseNumber sr1 sr2 sr3 
| eventstats sum(sr3) as totalsr3, sum(sr2) as totalsr2, sum(sr1) as totalsr1 
| stats first(totalsr1) first(totalsr2) first(totalsr3) |transpose
Thanks
Harish
0 Karma

ayushizile

Transpose is not working. It is giving incorrect results. what do you mean by "You have to give one x-axis "?

0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

@ayushizile

It means in your query first value is taking like a x-axis .transpose will work or add another column with name or time anything ,..you will know the issue

Thanks
Harish
0 Karma

ayushizile

Unfortunately, after transpose data is incorrect. It does not just invert row and columns. The values before and after transpose is different

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...