Dashboards & Visualizations

How to set up a drilldown within a timechart to search over the selected time and output the data in another panel below?

KindaWorking
Path Finder

I am a splunk/drill down and eval newbie. And I have a quick question.

I would like to have a drill down set up in a dashboard so I can click on a date in a timechart and have another panel lower down in the same dashboard update to show data from the date that I clicked on.

Currently I can pass through the $click.value$ through to a date picker but that will only pass through the earliest. For instance

<drilldown>
          <set token="timefield.earliest">$click.value$</set>
          <set token="form.timefield.earliest">$click.value$</set>
</drilldown>

How do I make it set the timefield.latest as well? I feel like I am missing something really obvious.

The only solution I could think of was to make an eval query and use that, but being a noobie to that I cannot get that to quite work yet either. Also this would not be ideal as the amount of time I want to look at varies depending on the time period I am looking at.

Example of the Eval I was trying to use

|eval $form.placeholder$=timetestearliest+timetest

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

ramdaspr
Contributor

Drilldown has earliest and latest properties which you can use directly

<drilldown>
           <set token="tok_ear">$earliest$</set>
           <set token="tok_lat">$latest$</set>
 </drilldown>

View solution in original post

ramdaspr
Contributor

Drilldown has earliest and latest properties which you can use directly

<drilldown>
           <set token="tok_ear">$earliest$</set>
           <set token="tok_lat">$latest$</set>
 </drilldown>

KindaWorking
Path Finder

Thanks ramdaspr. That is exactly what I was after.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...