Dashboards & Visualizations

How to set different Trend colors in single value dashboard?

impurush
Contributor

Hello Splunkers,

I am trying to change the color of the Trend symbol in the single value dashboard.
As per Splunk docs, if it is positive then green else red. So, I need to change the color instead of red.

I have read the answer which the color of the single value can be changed based on the trend percentage, but it does not change the color of the trend.

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/659702/how-to-configure-single-value-dashboard-color-base.html

Any help here much appreciated, thank you and happy splunking.

Regards,
Purush

0 Karma

impurush
Contributor

alt text

I have two requirements, if either one works, that is fine for me.
1. I want to change the red color to a different color when it is negative.
2. I want to set the range of colors to a Trend based on the values.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@impurush I have provided both the answers mentioned in the post. Both answers do not override the color of trend. If you need to do the same what is your requirement to color the trend? Please add more details for your use case for the community to assist you better.

impurush
Contributor

I have posted the reply below, any leads are appreciated.

0 Karma

marycordova
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

can you post your dashboard html and a screenshot of what you are trying to do, also take a look at this post changing both the value and the trend:

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/583539/can-we-set-two-different-colors-for-single-value-a.html

@marycordova
0 Karma

impurush
Contributor

I have posted the reply below, any leads are appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...