Dashboards & Visualizations

How to set 2 X-Axis Values in a Chart?

elomotanpru
Path Finder

Hey everyone,

Currently making a report for my team that requires to have two X-Axis values based on the excel sheet shared with me. Below are some screenshots of the desired output, my progress so far, and search query based on what I have learned so far.

The goal:

elomotanpru_0-1652972104626.png

What I am familiar with using chart in the search:

elomotanpru_2-1652972315237.png

My search string

| eval DATE=strftime(strptime(DATE,"%d%b%Y"),"%Y-%m-%d")
| eval _time=strptime(DATE." ","%Y-%m-%d")
| where _time >= strptime("$from$", "%m/%d/%Y") AND _time <= strptime("$to$", "%m/%d/%Y")
| eval epochtime=strptime(TIME, "%H:%M:%S")| eval desired_time=strftime(epochtime, "%I:%M:%S %p")
| chart sum(VIO_PAGING_SEC) as "$lpar$ Sum of VIO_PAGING_SEC" sum(SYSTEM_PAGEFAULTS_SEC) as "$lpar$ SYSTEM_PAGEFAULTS_SEC" sum(SWAP_PAGIN_SEC) as "$lpar$ SWAP_PAGIN_SEC" sum(LOCAL_PAGEFAULTS_SEC) as "$lpar$ LOCAL_PAGEFAULTS_SEC" over desired_time

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is not possible with standard charts

0 Karma

elomotanpru
Path Finder

Is there a way to implement not using charts with the default Splunk dashboard capabilities?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...