Dashboards & Visualizations

How to resolve dashboards from my development environment that are not being updated in my production envrironment's app?

aniello_cerrato
Path Finder

Hi,

I have deployed a new app on my production environment and I am using it.

Now in development environment, I have changed some dashboards and I have to deployed it to the production environment.

I have executed the following steps:

• Generate .spl file in development environment in the following way ./splunk.exe package app <app_name>
  • Run the command below to update app in production environment ./splunk install app <spl file produced in the step previous> -update 1 -auth admin:password

The new dashboards are added but the dashboards present in the app are not updated.

Please let me know the best way to do this.

Thanks,
Aniello

0 Karma
1 Solution

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

When you use the package command, Splunk automatically moves anything in local into default. When you install that package onto a different environment, and don't take steps to clean the local folder in production, then any dashboards present in local in production will not change, as they take precedence over the files in default.

Check your local folder in production, and backup and remove any dashboards you find in that app.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

When you use the package command, Splunk automatically moves anything in local into default. When you install that package onto a different environment, and don't take steps to clean the local folder in production, then any dashboards present in local in production will not change, as they take precedence over the files in default.

Check your local folder in production, and backup and remove any dashboards you find in that app.

0 Karma

aniello_cerrato
Path Finder

I add that all dashboards are updated, there is only one dashboard that has been updated only in default folder and not in local.

But the problem is that only this dashboard in Prod env is present in this folder (local), the other are present in default folder. Why?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...