Dashboards & Visualizations

How to pass alert arguments from a gauge visualization to a gauge in another dashboard?

Fleshwriter
Explorer

Hello,

I have an alert (count transaction time>x) in a gauge visualization and many clients.
So I've created dashboard in which I'd like to group those clients - depending on acceptable threshold. Under group gauge, there is a link to that group dashboard, where there is another set of gauges per client.

I am asking for help to pass arguments (or just signal) from client gauge to the group gauge, so I'd first see that specified group has a problem (and on what scale), and after going to that group dashboard, I'd see which client exactly.

Thanks,
- F.

0 Karma

frobinson_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @Fleshwriter,
You might want to look into using tokens to capture and pass data between visualizations in a dashboard. Here is some documentation:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.0/Viz/tokens

You can also check out the Dashboard Examples App to get some ideas on dynamic dashboards and token usage:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/

Hope this helps!

Fleshwriter
Explorer

@frobinson_splunk This is in 95% what i was looking for, but i have some trouble. Is it possible to have dynamic drilldown under button/checkbox click in simple XML (since gauge does not support drilldown)? I suppose that is the only way to have dashboard full of gauge.

0 Karma

frobinson_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @Fleshwriter,
Thanks for the follow-up question. I will check on this and get back to you.

0 Karma

Fleshwriter
Explorer

@frobinson_splunk Hi there! Any progress in my case? 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...