Dashboards & Visualizations

How to load a scheduled report in a dashboard panel based on the value of a drop-down form?

ranjithfs1
Explorer

I have a dashboard with a drop down form field which is populated using a search. I want the panels in the dashboard to load scheduled reports based on the value selected in the drop down. Tried the following but it doesn't seem to be working.

<form>
  <label>....</label>
  <fieldset submitButton="false">
    <input type="dropdown" token="product">
      <search>
        <query>...</query>
      </search>
      <fieldForLabel>....</fieldForLabel>
      <fieldForValue>....</fieldForValue>
    </input>
  </fieldset>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <table>
        <title>....</title>
        <search ref="$product$-XYZ"></search>
      </table>
    </panel>
  </row>
... more panels that use $product$
</form>
0 Karma
1 Solution

acharlieh
Influencer

Depending on your version of Splunk (given that you're using the newer search element syntax, i suspect you're ok), but one option may be to use changed conditions, to show/hide different panels as described in an unset example in the docs: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#unset (they're using a drilldown instead of an input changed, but same principle)

Another option may be instead of a search ref, have a search string that uses either the loadjob or savedsearch command instead. Check the docs for syntax, but string substitutions should work there.

View solution in original post

acharlieh
Influencer

Depending on your version of Splunk (given that you're using the newer search element syntax, i suspect you're ok), but one option may be to use changed conditions, to show/hide different panels as described in an unset example in the docs: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#unset (they're using a drilldown instead of an input changed, but same principle)

Another option may be instead of a search ref, have a search string that uses either the loadjob or savedsearch command instead. Check the docs for syntax, but string substitutions should work there.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...