Dashboards & Visualizations

How to import the token value in the JavaScript in Simple XML?

kedjjang
Explorer

alt text
Create a wish come test.js code to get the value of $ time_ok1.earliest $.

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is your token named time_ok1?

0 Karma

joao_amorim
Communicator

No i have the token with other name but i don't know why the only one that doesn't work is the tokens of the time input, the others work fine....

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That's because the time tokens are special, they are objects containing two fields: earliest and latest (as already stated in the answer above). You should be able to get them with token_name.earliest or token_name.earliest_time, or as kedjjang mentioned with your_token.optionsdefault.earliest_time.

0 Karma

joao_amorim
Communicator

I already posted 5 times the answer but it wasn't posting it here i don't know why.
The answer is in the next comment

0 Karma

joao_amorim
Communicator

I answered already but the answer did was posted here

0 Karma

joao_amorim
Communicator

When i open the dashboard the only tokens that don't work are these related to time inputs because the others work fine. As I have the tokens set are working but just after i change the time input to other date. The first time the dashboard loads, the get of the earliest and latest gives undefined

0 Karma

joao_amorim
Communicator

Ok i tried only the token_name.earliest and it works but only after i change the time, because the first time that i open the dashboard it can't get the value of the token_name.earliest.
When you open the dashboard the value of earliest and latest of the time token are undefined and I don't know why cause all the other are working correctly.

0 Karma

kedjjang
Explorer

Thank you.

Fixed with respect to this issue.

var tokens = mvc.Components.getInstance ("kang");
var defaultEtime = tokens.options.default.earliest_time;

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...