Dashboards & Visualizations

How to hide the dropdown input panel ?

Kukkadapu
Path Finder

Hi ,
I've an input panel with the drop down. A token is set in the input panel. How to hide the drop down input panel (I just need to hide the input panel always)?

Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can set the attribute depends="$faketoken$" to always hide the dropdown input.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.1/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#input_type_.22d...

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Feel free to ask a new question about that, and make sure you include the dashboard xml that doesn't do what you expect. At some point we're just spamming an older question, veering further away from the original issue.

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can use tokens that exist too, depends will show the panel or input when the token is set and hide it when the token is unset. Using that, you can set or unset a bunch of tokens from an input to show or hide a bunch of inputs.

exocore123
Path Finder

I've tried using condition for a checkbox that acts as a parameter enable selection, but the condition applying to the choices does not seem to work at all.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Works for me with checkboxes:

<form>
  <label>hidden checkbox</label>
  <fieldset submitButton="false">
    <input type="checkbox" token="field1" depends="$faketoken$">
      <label>field1</label>
      <fieldForLabel>sourcetype</fieldForLabel>
      <fieldForValue>sourcetype</fieldForValue>
      <search>
        <query>index=_internal | stats count by sourcetype</query>
        <earliest>-60m@m</earliest>
        <latest>now</latest>
      </search>
    </input>
  </fieldset>
</form>

exocore123
Path Finder

I did not notice I had to literally use a token that doesnt exist.. Is there a way to map this to something like a master input? Say I has a master input field that I can select from checkboxes which filter inputs are available

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

My bad, I forgot to include the dollar signs.

0 Karma

Kukkadapu
Path Finder

Perfect 🙂 This is what I need. It worked. Thanks Martin

0 Karma

exocore123
Path Finder

Does this only work for dropdown? I am trying on a checkbox but it's not working? (it is a dynamic populated search checkbox)

0 Karma

Kukkadapu
Path Finder

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply. I've added the attribute depends="faketoken" for the dropdown input . But it doesn't hide.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...