Dashboards & Visualizations

How to hide a dashboard panel containing inputs that are used for a drilldown report?

pepper_seattle
Path Finder

I've got a drilldown report dependent on another report in my dashboard which contains inputs for time that appear both when the report has been produced and before the report is produced. When the report isn't visible they appear as a panel with just the inputs visible.

Is there any way to make the inputs hidden the same way my drilldown report is hidden?
Having those floating inputs mid-dashboard looks a bit odd and confusing to other users.

Without the drilldown report:
http://puu.sh/gmcv7/31c6ef192c.png

0 Karma
1 Solution

BenTan
Path Finder

Hi,

To solve this issue, just add the "depends" parameter on the panel tag instead of the visualization tag. For example if you are creating a panel for a table:

<panel depends="$tDateAndTime$">
      <title>ABC</title>
      <input type="text" token="comment">
        <label>Comment</label>
      </input>
      <table>
      </table>

It will then hide the entire table until the token is being passed down.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

BenTan
Path Finder

Hi,

To solve this issue, just add the "depends" parameter on the panel tag instead of the visualization tag. For example if you are creating a panel for a table:

<panel depends="$tDateAndTime$">
      <title>ABC</title>
      <input type="text" token="comment">
        <label>Comment</label>
      </input>
      <table>
      </table>

It will then hide the entire table until the token is being passed down.

Hope it helps!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...