Dashboards & Visualizations

How to generate a column chart off a lookup?

Anthonylucian
Path Finder

Hey! I have a lookup where we manually enter in a number to a corresponding day. It looks something like this.

Monday | 2

Tuesday | 3

Wednesday | 2

Thursday | 5

Friday | 3

Is there a way to make this into a column chart where the x axis is the days of the week and the y axis is the corresponding number?

I tried to just put it in a column chart but it defaults to flipping the x/y axis, I then tried to transpose but along it still doesnt format correctly.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

s2_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This should work as long as your fields are returned in the correct order, i.e. day name followed by the numerical value. You can always add 

| fields weekday, number

to ensure that.

View solution in original post

s2_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This should work as long as your fields are returned in the correct order, i.e. day name followed by the numerical value. You can always add 

| fields weekday, number

to ensure that.

Anthonylucian
Path Finder

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...