Dashboards & Visualizations

How to enable pagination in dashboard with Trellis single values

ramgnisiv
Path Finder

Hi Splunkers,

I have developed a dashboard that contains Single Value results in a Trellis layout.
The dashboard is displaying data based on a token that is passed from a different dashboard.

All is working like a charm.

There is 1 problem: When the number of results exceeds 20, i want to have the pagination option so users can scroll through the results.

How do i enable this? I can't find a Simple XML option for Trellis that does this.

By the way: If i run the search via the Search option and i visualise it there using Trellis, i get the pagination button and i'm able to paginate through the search results perfectly. This just doesn't seem to work when i run the same search in a Dashboard Panel.

O yeah, Sorting Trellis results would take care of a lot of headaches, but that doesn't seem to be possible yet with Splunk.

0 Karma
1 Solution

ramgnisiv
Path Finder

The problem was with a CSS setting.

The following setting was originally in the XML:

.facets-mode-active .action-bar { display: none; }

This has been changed to the new setting:

.facets-mode-active .action-bar { display: all; }

By setting display to all this has solved the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ramgnisiv
Path Finder

The problem was with a CSS setting.

The following setting was originally in the XML:

.facets-mode-active .action-bar { display: none; }

This has been changed to the new setting:

.facets-mode-active .action-bar { display: all; }

By setting display to all this has solved the issue.

0 Karma

ramgnisiv
Path Finder

Probably this is caused by a CSS setting. Investigating now. When all CSS is removed, pagination is working as expected. Will update the question when CSS issue is found and resolved.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...