Dashboards & Visualizations

How to disregard default selection in Checkbox?

paviach

I have list of nested checkboxes which will display the panels based on the selection. But few panels are displaying without any selection. How do I restrict this behavior? Ultimately, panels should be displayed only when the checkboxes are selected and should hide when unchecked.
FYI,, I have added "depends="$token$" " in the code but it doesnt really work 100%. Please help!

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@paviach try one of my older answers to similar panels where depends was for Text Boxes based on selection of particular Check Boxes. You have two options of (1) using JS or (2) using an independent search

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/681330/can-i-hideunhide-specific-text-boxes-using-a-singl.html

paviach

Thank you very much. Could you also give me pointers on how to validate the input with nested "multiselects".
Say, a, b and c are the multiselect options. Selecting 'a' should display another multiselect box.
The options in 2nd multiselects are 'aa,bb,cc'. Selecting 'aa' should display a panel. How do I achieve with independent search?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...