Dashboards & Visualizations

How to display export icon permanently in a panel in Splunk 6.2.1

Arminder_Bhalla

Hi,

I want to display the "export" icon permanently in panel footer in a dashboard. By default, it shows the icons when we hover the mouse in the panel.

Kindly suggest any solution.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You'll need access to the scripts of your dashboard for this (i.e. this should be a dashboard you can edit), and there are several possibilities.
The easiest one should be to set a fixed opacity for those elements. If you haven't already, apply a stylesheet (add stylesheet="custom_style.css" to your dashboard or form tag in XML and place custom_style.css in your apps appserver/static folder) and add

.view-results {
    opacity: 1 !important;
}

to it. This prevents the events (focusing and de-focusing the panel) from hiding the elements. This would apply to all buttons in the footer and to all footers; if you want only the export button to stay, you'll have to make a more precise selection.

A possibly nicer way would be to disable the event action upon focus (you can see the method that is called on those events when you use your browser to inspect the panel footer).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...