Dashboards & Visualizations

How to display data from google sheets to Splunk Dashboard?

Splunk_noobie
Path Finder

Hi all,

Is there any way we can display data from G-sheet to the Splunk dashboard if a particular condition is met? 

Labels (5)
0 Karma

Splunk_noobie
Path Finder

@gcusello  
Could you please help 🙂 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Splunk_noobie,

I never used G-Sheets, but I can suppose that it's possible to download the G-Sheets content in a csv file and then ingest and use it in Splunk.

To automate this process you should see how to use G-Sheets API but I cannot help you about this.

In other words, the problems isn't in Splunk displaying but in ingestion before splunking.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Splunk_noobie
Path Finder

@ITWhisperer 

Any idea what should the approach be? 

> I have a Gsheet with a unique id in the column A. If that matches my <uniqueId_tok> Token in the dashboard, an HTML panel can display the data present on column B of my G-sheet 

Example : 

Google sheet : 
Column A           Column B

5227                    Monday

1256                    Tuesday

7690                    Wednesday

If <uniqueId_tok> = 5227 then my panel reads G-sheet and displays data in column B i.e Monday

Hope my ASK is clear 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...