Dashboards & Visualizations

How to disable the "Create new dashboard" button for a certain role?

splunkreal
Motivator

Hello guys,

I've already tried adding or editing dashboard.css for my custom app and nothing worked.

I've edited splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/js/build/dashboardspage.js and I commented the btn btn-primary add-dashboard code:

alt text

A small button without text appears, or I can also hide it by adding style="display: none;"

Is it OK, or there is another better and proper way?

Thanks.

* If this helps, please upvote or accept solution 🙂 *
0 Karma

bmo017
Path Finder

You could create an additional role through access control for that particular user and now allow them access to Create New Dashboard.

0 Karma

splunkreal
Motivator

I downvoted this post because that feature is not available in v6.2.3, unable to disable create new dashboard link in the role options.

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @realsplunk

Next time, just comment this fact instead of downvoting people who are just trying to help out. Not a great motivating factor. Only downvote suggestions that could be potentially harmful for your environment. For some reading on how Splunk community culture and voting etiquette works in this forum, check out this previous Answers post:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/244111/proper-etiquette-and-timing-for-voting-here-on-ans.html

splunkreal
Motivator

Ok thanks for the clarification

0 Karma

bmo017
Path Finder

The version was not listed in your post, sorry.

splunkreal
Motivator

Hello bmp017, how did it make it? With Splunk 6.5 I still can't find any create new dashboard role permission.

0 Karma

splunkreal
Motivator

OK sorry too, from which version is it possible?

Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...