Dashboards & Visualizations

How to customize pie chart total value with nested data?

V21MGharib
Explorer

Hello,

I'm a newbie in splunk and I'd like to draw a pie chart where the total value is taken from a csv sheet.

e.g. X = 2 & Y = 10 and I'd like the pie chart total to take the value of (Y) and (X) to be part of it with its percentage. So, total pie chart value is 100% where the 100% represents the $value of Y and X represents 20% of it.

The best query I reached is (index="A" source="*B*"  | chart values(X) over Y | transpose) however the chart represents the percentage of X & Y as if the total value of the pie chart is (X+Y) which is not the case I want.

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@V21MGharib 

Here you can do some tricks to get the value of the remaining field (assume Z) and work with this Z field to represent data.

Like, this

| makeresults
| eval X=2,Y=10 
| eval Z=Y-X
| chart values(X) over Z | transpose

Here we are getting Z from the total value(Y) minus field value(X).

Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 11.00.16 AM.png

I hope this will help you.

Thanks
KV
If any of my replies help you to solve the problem Or gain knowledge, an upvote would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@V21MGharib 

Here you can do some tricks to get the value of the remaining field (assume Z) and work with this Z field to represent data.

Like, this

| makeresults
| eval X=2,Y=10 
| eval Z=Y-X
| chart values(X) over Z | transpose

Here we are getting Z from the total value(Y) minus field value(X).

Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 11.00.16 AM.png

I hope this will help you.

Thanks
KV
If any of my replies help you to solve the problem Or gain knowledge, an upvote would be appreciated.

0 Karma

V21MGharib
Explorer

That's what I've done exactly. I couldn't find any other way.

Thank You.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...