Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create a dashboard with date picture?

hagar71
Explorer

hagar71_0-1659701402515.png

I would like to create a dashboard that shows it's output when the time is picked and the values of the time is equal to two fields in the index data  itself, how can I make this ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

dural_yyz
Communicator

Input -> Time: This will give you the traditional Splunk time picker to leverage against your search.

Input -> Submit: This will allow your users to first enter a time span before a search is initiated, I find it is just easier this way sometimes.

Simple XML Dashboards

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Dashboards-Visualizations/Can-you-create-a-dashboard-with-an-adjusta...

Most of the community will be transitioning to Dashboard Studio - now is a good time to learn

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/DashStudio/dashEditors

0 Karma

hagar71
Explorer

ok let me explain it to you as I don't understand your answer, I will pick a date and this date should print output to me according to comparison between the date and the field
for example the start date=08/08/2022 (I put this in time picker) so it will compare this date with field planning freeze and once it finds it, the output should appear to me 

0 Karma

dural_yyz
Communicator

The data picker will work in the exact same capacity as when you create your ad hoc search via the normal search bar.  The SPL for your search will be the source of your table visualization.

In fact run your ad hoc query to return the results you want with appropriate field names in the output.  From there use the "Save As" function to generate a dashboard.  With that template you can better manipulate your end vision for your final dashboard.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...