Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create a dashboard table with hardcoded text and the ability to drill down to other dashboards?

penguin1725
Explorer

Hello!

I am trying to make a simple dashboard with just one panel.
The panel should be a table with hardcoded text in each row. If you click on the text, you will be taken to another dashboard.

For example:
Row 1: "Cookies" [where clicking on "Cookies" in the table will take you to the Cookies sales dashboard]
Row 2: "Brownies"
Row 3: "Rice Krispy Treats"

I've been looking around and have been hitting dead ends because:
1. I'm not populating the table from a search. I want to put static objects in the table, but then be able to click the static object and go to a different dashboard.
2. Since I'm very new to all this, I've been trying to avoid doing this with an HTML panel...I was looking at the answer to "Dashboard Panel with custom static HTML?" and getting rather confused...

Any suggestions (even ones involving HTML) would be so appreciated! 🙂

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You can easily fake your static data as described in this Q&A so that it is a legitimate search but also fully static. The rest is trivial, even in Simple XML.

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/265921/what-is-the-best-way-to-spoof-run-anywhere-fake-da.html

penguin1725
Explorer

Thanks so much! Now I finally know how to generate static data with a legitimate search!

0 Karma

penguin1725
Explorer

Many thanks--the first link did the job for me beautifully!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...