Dashboards & Visualizations

How to combine two bar graph panels into one?

pavanae
Builder

I have a query 1 as follows

My_Query1 | stats count by field_A

In which It displays the result as follows in the bar graph with count on x-axis and field_A values on Y-axis

alt text

Now I have another query as follows

My_Query2..... | chart count by field_A, field_B

In which it displays the result as follows in a bar graph

alt text

Here field_A is same on both the queries

Now how to modify my query to combine both the searches and display the a single bar graph like the query_1's dashboard but it should also contains the color slices that have for Query_2 dashboard.

What I am trying to say that I only need one dashboard panel which covers both the above panels but instead of having a query_2 panel. I want to see those color slices on query_1 panel

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@pavanae, it still seems to be confusing. Do you want just stacked bar chart instead of stacked 100%?

From Splunk UI Edit Panel > Format > General > Stack Mode > Choose stacked instead of stacked100

https://docs.splunk.com/Splexicon:Stackmode

If this is not what you want, can you share a mock screenshot of desired output?

View solution in original post

niketn
Legend

@pavanae, it still seems to be confusing. Do you want just stacked bar chart instead of stacked 100%?

From Splunk UI Edit Panel > Format > General > Stack Mode > Choose stacked instead of stacked100

https://docs.splunk.com/Splexicon:Stackmode

If this is not what you want, can you share a mock screenshot of desired output?

pavanae
Builder

Thanks @niketnilay. That's what I'm looking for. Thanks again.

0 Karma

aljohnson_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@Pavanae please mark the answer as accepted if this answered your question 🙂

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

Can you provide a sample output of what you want the chart to look like?

0 Karma

pavanae
Builder

Thanks for the response @cmerriman. As you can see on by second panel picture you can see the color partitions(3 different field values) of field_B for each field_A value in a 100% bar graph format. Instead I want to see the same partions on my first picture. Imagine my first picture with 2nd picture color partitions but here I want to see the same uneven bar graph lines with the 3 partitions.

Sorry If its still confusing.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...