Dashboards & Visualizations

How to change chart from line to dotted line depending on the column value?

damucka
Builder

Hello,

I have following table:

damucka_0-1658307846408.png

it keeps the _time, server, CPU load and the predicted CPU load. The last column PREDICTION tells if the given value is a real reading or predicted one based on the ML algorithms (important: no ML Toolkit involved, but external result input).

Now, I would like to present all this in the dashboard in a decent way, kind like the smartforecastviz macro of the ML Toolkit does - real CPU for server with normal line and the prediction with the dotted one, same color. Possibly all servers in the same line chart. No additional fancy things needed.

I guess what would need to happen is the chart line type change, depending on the last column PREDICTION. 

Is it doable in any way?

Kind Regards,

Kamil

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Lines on a chart are based on the series

Each line will have one colour

You could split your data for each server into two series (with and without prediction).

The issue with that might be that there will be a break between the end of one line and the start of the next.

Also, a series with only one data point becomes a dot rather than a line.

To overcome these, you could duplicate the last non-prediction entry as a prediction entry.

In order for the lines to have the same colour, you could set the series colours with formatting options.

In order to make some of the lines dotted / dashed, you could use CSS.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...