Dashboards & Visualizations

How to apply CSS on first time picker

ss026381
Communicator

I have two time pickers in a dashboard and I want to hide relative and advanced accordion for first time picker.

I see some help is provided here https://answers.splunk.com/answers/594307/is-there-a-way-to-remove-the-real-time-part-that-a.html and https://answers.splunk.com/answers/471868/how-to-hide-real-time-presets-option-in-the-time-r.html bud they didnt work for me.

Any CSS wizard here. help is appreciated.

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@ss026381, so hiding few time range accordions from only one of the time picker is not straight-forward CSS job. It would also require JavaScript Extension with Splunk JS Stack.

When we click on time input (the dropdown with default/selected time), its corresponding popdown-dialog (the dialog box with detailed time range accordions) is displayed which has theid same as that of the time input's data-dialog-id. (The id or data-dialog-id is a dynamic view number generated each time dashboard loads, hence can not be used statically in the dashboard CSS override).

Further the position of the popdown-dialog with time range accordions does not have fixed position in the DOM i.e. it is not necessary that for the first time input in the dashboard, the corresponding popdown-dialog will be displayed first. Its position is actually depended on which Time Picker is clicked first. So, we can also not apply position specific CSS override i.e. using first-child, last-child or nth-child.

The only option we are left with is that
1) On click of Time Input, capture the corresponding data-dialog-id and set the token.
2) Use token as CSS Selector for popdown-dialog for CSS override to hide unwanted time range accordions from specific time input.

alt text

Following is the Simple XML Dashboard code:

<form script="timepicker_hide_timerange.js">
  <label>Time Picker Hide Options using CSS</label>
  <fieldset submitButton="false">
    <input id="time1" type="time" token="tokTime1">
      <label></label>
      <default>
        <earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
        <latest>now</latest>
      </default>
    </input>
    <input id="time2" type="time" token="tokTime2">
      <label></label>
      <default>
        <latest>now</latest>
      </default>
    </input>
  </fieldset>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <title>$tokTimePicker1DialogID$</title>
      <html depends="$alwaysHideCSSPanel$">
        <style>
          div.popdown-dialog[id="$tokTimePicker1DialogID$"] div[id^="relative_view"],div.popdown-dialog[id="$tokTimePicker1DialogID$"] div[id^="advanced_view"]{
            visibility:hidden !important;  
          }
          div.popdown-dialog[id="$tokTimePicker1DialogID$"] .shared-timerangepicker-dialog {
            height: 360px !important;
          }
        </style>
      </html>
    </panel>
  </row>
</form>

Following is corresponding JavaScript timepicker_hide_timerange.js, which would need to be placed under your Splunk app's appserver/static folder i.e. $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/<YourAppName>/appserver/static. If the appserver/static folder does not exist that would need to be created. If required Splunk may be required to refresh/restart or bump. Also internet browser history would need to be cleared.

require([
     'jquery',
     'splunkjs/mvc',
     'splunkjs/mvc/simplexml/ready!'
 ], function($,mvc){

var defaultTokenModel=mvc.Components.get("default");
    var submittedTokenModel=mvc.Components.get("submitted");
    $(document).on("click", "#time1 a.splBackground-primary", function() {
        var strValue=$("#time1 a.splBackground-primary").attr("data-dialog-id");
        if (strValue!==undefined){
            defaultTokenModel.set("tokTimePicker1DialogID",strValue);
            submittedTokenModel.set("tokTimePicker1DialogID",strValue);
        }
    });
});

Please try out and confirm!

View solution in original post

ss026381
Communicator

Thanks @niketnilay, it works

niketn
Legend

@ss026381, so hiding few time range accordions from only one of the time picker is not straight-forward CSS job. It would also require JavaScript Extension with Splunk JS Stack.

When we click on time input (the dropdown with default/selected time), its corresponding popdown-dialog (the dialog box with detailed time range accordions) is displayed which has theid same as that of the time input's data-dialog-id. (The id or data-dialog-id is a dynamic view number generated each time dashboard loads, hence can not be used statically in the dashboard CSS override).

Further the position of the popdown-dialog with time range accordions does not have fixed position in the DOM i.e. it is not necessary that for the first time input in the dashboard, the corresponding popdown-dialog will be displayed first. Its position is actually depended on which Time Picker is clicked first. So, we can also not apply position specific CSS override i.e. using first-child, last-child or nth-child.

The only option we are left with is that
1) On click of Time Input, capture the corresponding data-dialog-id and set the token.
2) Use token as CSS Selector for popdown-dialog for CSS override to hide unwanted time range accordions from specific time input.

alt text

Following is the Simple XML Dashboard code:

<form script="timepicker_hide_timerange.js">
  <label>Time Picker Hide Options using CSS</label>
  <fieldset submitButton="false">
    <input id="time1" type="time" token="tokTime1">
      <label></label>
      <default>
        <latest>now</latest>
      </default>
    </input>
    <input id="time2" type="time" token="tokTime2">
      <label></label>
      <default>
        <latest>now</latest>
      </default>
    </input>
  </fieldset>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <title>$tokTimePicker1DialogID$</title>
      <html depends="$alwaysHideCSSPanel$">
        <style>
          div.popdown-dialog[id="$tokTimePicker1DialogID$"] div[id^="relative_view"],div.popdown-dialog[id="$tokTimePicker1DialogID$"] div[id^="advanced_view"]{
            visibility:hidden !important;  
          }
          div.popdown-dialog[id="$tokTimePicker1DialogID$"] .shared-timerangepicker-dialog {
            height: 360px !important;
          }
        </style>
      </html>
    </panel>
  </row>
</form>

Following is corresponding JavaScript timepicker_hide_timerange.js, which would need to be placed under your Splunk app's appserver/static folder i.e. $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/<YourAppName>/appserver/static. If the appserver/static folder does not exist that would need to be created. If required Splunk may be required to refresh/restart or bump. Also internet browser history would need to be cleared.

require([
     'jquery',
     'splunkjs/mvc',
     'splunkjs/mvc/simplexml/ready!'
 ], function($,mvc){

var defaultTokenModel=mvc.Components.get("default");
    var submittedTokenModel=mvc.Components.get("submitted");
    $(document).on("click", "#time1 a.splBackground-primary", function() {
        var strValue=$("#time1 a.splBackground-primary").attr("data-dialog-id");
        if (strValue!==undefined){
            defaultTokenModel.set("tokTimePicker1DialogID",strValue);
            submittedTokenModel.set("tokTimePicker1DialogID",strValue);
        }
    });
});

Please try out and confirm!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...