Dashboards & Visualizations

How to add multiple conditions and the respective color coding for all the fields?

akarivaratharaj
Communicator

I have my table panel with the column field as Month-year and this is a dynamic fields populated from my panel query. One more column is a text field and it is a static field. (This does not need to be color coded.)

I want to color code the cell values in all the dynamic field, based on the below condition

• if the cell value is less than 2 - the cell should be coded in green
  • if the cell value is more than 2 - the cell should be coded in red.
  • Other cells with text values - the cell should not be color coded.

I tried to use multiple conditions with color palatte expression but that does not work

<format type="color">
          <colorPalette type="expression">if(isnull(value), "#c1fa9b", if(value&lt;02, "#c1fa9b", "#ff9c9c"), if(value&gt;02, "#ff9c9c", "#c1fa9b"))</colorPalette>
        </format>

I did the two conditions similar, just to filter the fields with text values. So that all the numeric fields with values less than 2 will be displayed as green and the greater than 2 will be displayed as red.

I am aware of writing JS scripts for this but would like to make this with SimpleXML.

Could anyone please help me on this?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

By the way, you conditions do not take account of the value being 2

<format type="color">
          <colorPalette type="expression">case(isnull(value),"#c1fa9b", value &lt; 02, "#c1fa9b", value &gt; 02, "#ff9c9c")</colorPalette>
        </format>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

By the way, you conditions do not take account of the value being 2

<format type="color">
          <colorPalette type="expression">case(isnull(value),"#c1fa9b", value &lt; 02, "#c1fa9b", value &gt; 02, "#ff9c9c")</colorPalette>
        </format>
0 Karma

akarivaratharaj
Communicator

Thankyou! 

The code with case statement is working for me. To consider the value '2' also, I can use 

value &lt;= 02

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...