Dashboards & Visualizations

How to add flashing or blinking in Trellis View?

maryamchar
Explorer

I have a single value trellis view where it shows the status of items up (Green) and down (Red). When the status is down (Red), i would like to get the trellis view to flash or blink. I added the html code below to my trellis view, however all statues green/red are flashing now. I would like the statuses or red items to flash only. Please let me know if there is a way to achieve this in Splunk dashboard. Thank You!

<panel depends="$alwaysHideCSSPanel$">
      <html>
        <style>
          @keyframes blink {
            100%,
            0% {
              opacity: 0.6;
            }
            60% {
              opacity: 0.9;
            } 
          }
          #singlevalue rect {
            animation: blink 0.8s infinite;
          }
        </style>
      </html>

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try using a different panel id other than singlevalue as this is used by the dashboard code

<panel depends="$alwaysHideCSSPanel$">
      <html>
        <style>
          @keyframes blink {
            100%,
            0% {
              opacity: 0.6;
            }
            60% {
              opacity: 0.9;
            } 
          }
          #anythingotherthansinglevalue rect {
            animation: blink 0.8s infinite;
          }
        </style>
      </html>
0 Karma

maryamchar
Explorer

The issue is not the single id that was used in the dashboard. The code i have does work, however it flashes when the status of an item is green and when it's red. I want it to flash when it's red only. Please let me know if it's possible? 

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's New in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.2.2403?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.2.2403! Analysts can ...

Stay Connected: Your Guide to July and August Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Dive into our sizzling summer lineup for July and August Community Office Hours and Tech Talks. Scroll down to ...

Edge Processor Scaling, Energy & Manufacturing Use Cases, and More New Articles on ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...