Dashboards & Visualizations

How to add custom message in place of "Search is waiting for input" for a dashboard panel?

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

I have a dashboard in which a panel waits to load until a selection is made and the tokens are passed.

Until then the panel displays a warning sign with

"Search is waiting for input... "

Is there a way to customize this message? I want to display a more meaningful message.

The dashboard is developed in Django.

Tags (3)
1 Solution

dfoster_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Not as of Splunk 6.1.3.

There is a feature request logged for this but it's not high priority at present.

View solution in original post

pbankar
Path Finder

Hello, @dfoster. May I know does this feature is available in 6.6 version of Splunk?

0 Karma

jrich523
Path Finder

For now you can override it with custom css.

For the django templates you typically will use the divs for layouts so if you slap an ID on the panel you can access the msg like so

.msg {
    visibility: hidden;
}

#errordetails .msg:after {
    content: '<<  Please select an error type on the left...';
    visibility: visible;
    position: relative;
    padding: 20px;
}

I havent figured out how to position the new text correctly yet but that should send you in the right direction

0 Karma

dfoster_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Not as of Splunk 6.1.3.

There is a feature request logged for this but it's not high priority at present.

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

Thank you..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...