Dashboards & Visualizations

How to add a horizontal line to a column chart?

ichesla1111
Path Finder

I created a column chart and I want to add a line on the y-axis as the upper limit that increases by 300 every 6 hours (pink line in image attached). How would I do this?

-->Is there an option display line I can add in dashboard under my chart code?

ichesla1111_0-1662495121621.png

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ichesla1111,

if the line is a value of your search, you can use the "Overlay" option (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.1/Viz/Chartcontrols#Chart_overlay).

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

ichesla1111
Path Finder

thank you!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ichesla1111,

if the line is a value of your search, you can use the "Overlay" option (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.1/Viz/Chartcontrols#Chart_overlay).

Ciao.

Giuseppe

thesplunkmonkey
Path Finder

I'm not entirely clear on whether you need the line to change value or be drawn straight across like in the graphic you attached.

For a static value, following the rest of your search that generates the above chart, do an eval to set a new field value to the limit your wanting to graph.

For example:

<YOUR SEARCH> | eval limit=300

Then under the format, Chart Overlay, click in the Overlay box and select the Limit field.  This will draw that value across the chart.

If you need that line's value to change depending on other factors, including time, you can just add the appropriate calculation to limit= <calculation>.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...