Dashboards & Visualizations

How to add a MLTK Visualization to a Splunk dashboard?

sebastien07
Engager

I would like to add an outliers' chart from the Machine learning visualizations to my splunk dashboard. The visualization itself is not available in the dashboard studio, and I can't find any documentations for it. Running my query in the search tab works fine because it detects what visualization i want to use automatically.

My query: 

index=xxx sourceServiceName="xxx" cn1="xxx"
| bucket _time span=1h
| stats count by _time 
| sort - count 
| eventstats median("count") as median  
| eval absDev=(abs('count'-median)) 
| eventstats median(absDev) as medianAbsDev  
| eval lowerBound=(median-medianAbsDev*exact(8)), upperBound=(median+medianAbsDev*exact(8)) 
| eval isOutlier=if('count' < lowerBound OR 'count' > upperBound, 1, 0)  
| fields _time, "count", lowerBound, upperBound, isOutlier, *

I tried replacing fields with "table" but wouldn't fix it. Any help is appreciated.

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this

<viz type="Splunk_ML_Toolkit.OutliersViz">

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use classic SimpleXML dashboards or wait until Studio catches up - you could be waiting for some time though

0 Karma

sebastien07
Engager

Also would like to try that, but i can't find the name of the outlier's chart to use for the SimpleXML

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this

<viz type="Splunk_ML_Toolkit.OutliersViz">
0 Karma

sebastien07
Engager

I think this could work. I'm not used to working with the XML editor for dashboards.
Any idea why this would fail to spit out the results?

<dashboard version="1.1">
<label>test-webtraffic</label>
  <row>
    <chart> 
      <search>
        <query>index=xxx sourceServiceName="xxx" cn1="xxx" | bucket _time span=1h | stats count by _time | sort - count | eventstats median("count") as median | eval absDev=(abs('count' -median)) | eventstats median(absDev) as medianAbsDev | eval lowerBound=(median-medianAbsDev*exact(8)), upperBound=(median+medianAbsDev*exact(8)) | eval isOutlier=if('count' &lt; lowerBound OR 'count' &gt; upperBound, 1, 0) | fields _time, "count", lowerBound, upperBound, isOutlier, *
        </query>
        <earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
        <latest>now</latest>
      </search>
      <viz type="Splunk_ML_Toolkit.OutliersViz"></viz>
    </chart>  
  </row>
</dashboard>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...