Dashboards & Visualizations

How to achieve drilldown from Dashboard Studio with results field value passed to it as token?

harshal_chakran
Builder

Hi Everyone,

Need one help,
I am trying to drilldown from a single value box developed in Dashboard Studio to another simple xml dashboard with values passed down as a token.

But here is a complex part.
The search populating the single value at Dashboard Studio provides two fields as a result : 
1) count_id
2) list_of_id

I want to show 'count_id' on Single Value and allow drilldown to pass "list_of_id".
I have tried $row.list_of_id$ & also $row.list_of_id.value$

Labels (4)
0 Karma

danspav
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @harshal_chakran,

You can set up the tokens in Dashboard Studio from the search results for the Single Value viz - see the docs article on Setting tokens from search results.

When you create your search, check the "Use search results or job status as tokens" checkbox:

danspav_0-1687848544441.png

Now once the search runs, you can use a token like this:

$search name:result.<field>$

In our case it would be: $Single_Value_Search:result.list_of_id$

Now in your single value drill-down you can link to the Simple XML dashboard using the token:

danspav_1-1687848840464.png

This will link to the Simple XML dashboard with the list_of_id token being set.

Cheers,

Daniel

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...