Dashboards & Visualizations

How do you make a dashboard that checks multiple logins from user IP, failed IP and foreign IP?

amarachijoy
Engager

I want to design a design a a dashboard that will allow us to add a server to daily checks for logins from multiple ip users, multiple failed IP addresses and foreign IP addresses. Please, I will appreciate a well explained answer as i am still new to this .

Thanks

0 Karma

mguhad
Communicator

You could run a search against the index where the server sits and filter through the IPs by using the | 'dedup' 'distinctcount'/dc command. i.e index=x sourcetype=myserver | chart dc(local_Ipaddresses)

You can simply replace (local_Ipaddresses) with the variable name of your foreign Ip address.

If you want to check failed logins... you can do something like: index=x sourcetype=myserver failed | chart dc(local_Ipaddresses)

the search above will give you all the unique IP addresses with failed login attemps. if you want to count how many login attempts they've made: index=x sourcetype=myserver failed | stats count by local_Ipaddresses

I hope this helps mate.

0 Karma

whrg
Motivator

To clarify: You want to build one dashboard for one specific server?

whrg
Motivator

@amarachijoy
I see you voted on my comment. Is that a yes to my question?
Also, could you tell us a little more about your data? Which fields (like src_ip,dest_port...) are available when searching for your data?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...