Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I use a value from a different field in drilldown?

ZacEsa
Communicator

Right now, when I click on the value in column two, I can use the values in column one and two with $click.value$ and $click.value2$. However, if I click on the value in column one, I can only use the value in column one with $click.value$. $click.value2$ basically becomes the same as $click.value$.

Sample Table

Example;
If I click on {row_one, column_two}, $cell.value$ = 1 and $cell.value2$ = 3
If I click on {row_one, column_one}, $cell.value$ = 1 and $cell.value2$ = 1

So, how do I use the value of {row_one, column_two} even if only {row_one, column_one} is clicked?

0 Karma
1 Solution

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi @ZacEsa,

In drilldown, $click.value$ is value of the first cell in row however $click.value2$ is actual clicked cell value.

For example
If you click on row_one, column_three it will give you $click.value$=1 and $click.value2$=5
If you click on row_two, column_four it will give you $click.value$=2 and $click.value2$=8

If you would like to use 2nd column value from every row in drilldown then you can use $row.column_two$

So based your data when you click anywhere in first row it will give you $row.column_two$=3 and in 2nd row it will give you $row.column_two$=4

View solution in original post

niketn
Legend

@ZacEsa you can always use $row.column_one$,$row.column_two$, $row.column_three$... to fetch value from any column from the row where a particular cell is clicked. $click.value$ is for first column in the table and $click.value2$ is for current cell.

Refer to Splunk Documentation : https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/EventHandlerReference#Drilldown_event_tokens

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi @ZacEsa,

In drilldown, $click.value$ is value of the first cell in row however $click.value2$ is actual clicked cell value.

For example
If you click on row_one, column_three it will give you $click.value$=1 and $click.value2$=5
If you click on row_two, column_four it will give you $click.value$=2 and $click.value2$=8

If you would like to use 2nd column value from every row in drilldown then you can use $row.column_two$

So based your data when you click anywhere in first row it will give you $row.column_two$=3 and in 2nd row it will give you $row.column_two$=4

niketn
Legend

Guess I was late 🙂

ZacEsa
Communicator

Actually, I tried with the row but, my column name is like, Device Name: so, when I tried $row.Device Name:$, it didn’t work. Is there any special format or I can’t rename it as such if I want to use the drill down?

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

I suggest to rename column name in main query | rename "Device Name:" as Device_Name and then use $row.Device_Name$ in drilldown.

0 Karma

ZacEsa
Communicator

I actually renamed it to "Device Name:" so that it looks nicer on the dashboard. So, I can't use a nice name if I want to use a custom drilldown?

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

I don't know how to use : in token but if you can use Device Name instead of Device Name: for column header then try $row.Device Name$

0 Karma

ZacEsa
Communicator

Hadn't tried it but I'll accept your answer and use Device_Name for now. Thanks!

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

lol ....:)

0 Karma

ZacEsa
Communicator

Okay, I didn't test it out before but strangely, if I click on {row_one, column_three}, then $cell.value2$ = 5.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...