Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I use Flow Map Viz add-on to design data flow between Splunk Server Components ?

dm1
Contributor

I am trying to develop a visualization showing Splunk distributed architecture with dataflow using Flow Viz App. I want to be able to show architecture as per below diagram with tcp_eps as Events/s.

To achieve this, I am looking at example 2 shown in the documentation section of the app. You can also find that example image on Splunkbase of the app  or if you have got the add-on on your local host, its link is most likely this  But I am quite confused with the instructions. It says, "Each node should be delimited by three hypens "---"." But where or how do I setup a query that will show link in that path syntax format ?
Another thing I am unsure is where it states, 

<existing query> | append [|inputlookup my_table_of_nodes.csv]

What exactly node data should the csv file contain ?Untitled.png

Can someone please help me with this ?

Labels (4)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...