Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I make the dashboard understand that it doesn't need an input for ID3?

thomasananthan

Hi all,

I am trying to pass a text box input in a dashboard called token ID1 which works fine but the issue here is that I am using the $ sign again to do a 2nd search from a field extract ID3 from index idx1 with a map search on index idx2 with the field that was extracted ID3.

The issue here I think is that the dashboard is expecting an input for ID3 because I am using the $ sign. As this search works fine when done in splunk search by manually passing ID1. How do I make the dashboard understand that it doesn't need an input for ID3?

index=idx1 $ID1$ | rex field=_raw "(?.*?)<.*?someString"(?.*?)">(?.*?)somemorestring" | dedup ID3 | map search="search (\"string1 with spaces\" OR string2 OR string3 OR \"string 4 with spaces\" OR \"string 5 with spaces\" OR \"string6\") index=idx2 $ID3$"
Hope this makes sense,

Thanks for your help.
Tom

0 Karma
1 Solution

elliotproebstel
Champion

Have you tried wrapping ID3 with double dollar signs like this: $$ID3$$? According to the docs, that is needed if you are referencing a variable within a map command on a form.
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.0/Viz/tokens

View solution in original post

0 Karma

thomasananthan

Thanks a lot Elliot! worked like a charm 🙂

0 Karma

elliotproebstel
Champion

Glad to help! 🙂

0 Karma

elliotproebstel
Champion

Have you tried wrapping ID3 with double dollar signs like this: $$ID3$$? According to the docs, that is needed if you are referencing a variable within a map command on a form.
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.0/Viz/tokens

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...