Dashboards & Visualizations

How can we disable the default dashboard from displaying on the Splunk home page?

splunker9999
Path Finder

Hi ,

Can someone please advise on how to disable the default dashboard from displaying on the Splunk home page? is there a way to do this?

Thanks

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you've access to server (search Head) file system, you can use the following.

There is a user-prefs app available in users ($SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/YourUserName/user-prefs) , and a configuration file called user-prefs.conf available under local folder. You can just remove property display.page.home.dashboardId in user-prefs.conf to clear the default dashboard:

[general]
 display.page.home.dashboardId = /servicesNS/nobody/launcher/data/ui/views/Default_Homepage

sabiccsc

how to make this changes to be reflected with out restart

0 Karma

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Splunker9999, each app has a default view. A splunk installation has the "launcher" app set as the default app. You can change this to a different default app, with a different default view if you want, as described in the answer here : https://answers.splunk.com/answers/79581/set-default-app-by-role.html

Please let me know if that answers your question! 😄

0 Karma

ngatchasandra
Builder

Hi splunker9999,
Try to follow the link

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/6505/how-to-make-my-custom-dashboard-the-default-screen-when-user...

I think is that you want!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...