Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I identify which dashboards include a specific string?

SpeschLOne
Explorer

One Splunk instance I use includes many Dashboards across many Apps. I need a way to identify all Dashboards that include a specific string in a search. Identifying the specific Dashboard panels would be a bonus, but not vital.

Simplified example:
The string eval some_field=47 may be used in various searches on multiple Dashboards, and I need to find all of the Dashboards where the exact string is used.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

pradeepkumarg
Influencer
|rest /servicesNS/-/-/data/ui/views  | search eai:data="\*eval  some_field=47\*" | table title author eai:acl.app eai:acl.sharing eai:data 

View solution in original post

pradeepkumarg
Influencer
|rest /servicesNS/-/-/data/ui/views  | search eai:data="\*eval  some_field=47\*" | table title author eai:acl.app eai:acl.sharing eai:data 

kiamco
Path Finder

use the search bar on the top next to the activity button, I had this problem few years ago didn't know that the search bar on top can do that haha

0 Karma

SpeschLOne
Explorer

worked like a charm; thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...