Dashboards & Visualizations
Highlighted

How can I get the Bar Chart with fixed bar height regardless of the amount of values present in the chart?

Explorer

Hello,
I would like the bars of my bar chart to always have the same height regardless of how many values are present in the chart.

Is it possible to do it?

I tried to insert the option charting.chart.barSpacing and charting.chart.columnSpacing in the XML, but I did not get the result I wanted.

Thanks.
Marzia

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: How can I get the Bar Chart with fixed bar height regardless of the amount of values present in the chart?

Super Champion

add this:

<option name="charting.chart.stackMode">stacked100</option>

also you can change by edit in format >> Stack mode
alt text

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: How can I get the Bar Chart with fixed bar height regardless of the amount of values present in the chart?

Explorer

thanks for ur answer but i want something like that
alt text

as shown in expected appearence

0 Karma
Highlighted

Super Champion

i am not able to understand difference between actual and expected as for chart 2 actual and expected output seems to be same

0 Karma
Highlighted

Explorer

the difference is in chart 1, in actual the bar is bigger while in expected the bar height is similar to chart 2 bar height

0 Karma
Highlighted

Super Champion

try to add this:

<option name="charting.chart.barSpacing">20</option>

it will work good if only 1 row/value is present.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Super Champion

but it will affect when there are more rows/values in output as then splunk wont automatically adjust its width

0 Karma
Highlighted

Explorer

@493669 yes i am facing the same problem..i want to adjust the width how can i do it??

0 Karma
Highlighted

Legend

@marziaolla, do you have two bar charts in the row in which you want to adjust the height of one of the bar charts? Is it going to have fixed number of bars or can it vary?

| eval message="Happy Splunking!!!"

0 Karma
Highlighted

Explorer

i have a trellis viz, and i want that the bar have a fixed height, the number of bars can vary

0 Karma