Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I generate a Trend Indicator (arrow) in a Single Value visualization for this query from Meta Woot?

psohn5295
Loves-to-Learn

So I have a search that queries hosts that are reporting their syslogs via the Meta Hoot! application for Splunk. As of now the search is only a Single Value, however, I would like to add a trend indicator using 'timechart' for the previous 24 hours.

Here is the search string.

inputlookup meta_woot  where index=* sourcetype=syslog | stats dc(host) as "Hosts"

How can I incorporate 'timechart' to add the uptick/downtick, trend indicator?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Just switch stats to timechart on your query.
R. Ismo
0 Karma

psohn5295
Loves-to-Learn

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just tried using the following to receive "no results found".

inputlookup meta_woot  where index=* sourcetype=syslog | timechart span=1d count by host

I must be missing something.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Just timechart spam=1d dc(host) as you have in your examples. If you are using count by host then you will get result as multivalue table which is not working with single value visualization.
0 Karma

psohn5295
Loves-to-Learn

That didn't seem to work for me 😞

Still receiving "No results found".

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help/input, it's very much appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...