Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I display graphs and reports in a web application outside Splunk Web based on data from an external database?

stianhk

I have requirements from a customer to use the Splunk platform to display data from an external MS SQL database and output reports and graphs in another (client) web application outside Splunk Web.
So far I have installed the Splunk Server and added the DB Connect app. Next step I am not sure about. Do I use SplunkJS? If so, how can I use this library to fetch data from Splunk and the external database. I am a proper noob at Splunk, so any input is welcome

Regards

0 Karma

vinodmadaan
Path Finder

Hi Stianhk,

following link shows you how to add splunk to your own web app, I guess this might help you as there is an example created in it as well, and yes you were right you would need to use Splunk JS.

Link: http://dev.splunk.com/view/webframework-splunkjsstack/SP-CAAAEW5

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...