Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I determine who modified a dashboard?

a212830
Champion

Hi,

I have a customer who needs to know who/when a dashboard was last modified. Is this possible?

Tags (3)

jaxjohnny2000
Builder
0 Karma

adm_rashi

How can I get to know if any of my scheduled alerts have been modified, deleted or anyone created a new alert?

i tried the above query and got the results as well for index=_internal but not for index=_audit.

Also my main concern is about the activity performed on existing Alerts.

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thank you, adm_rashi - I see you've also created your own question out of this. That's much more effective. 🙂

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I think is more in line with what you're looking for. It shows who updated or deleted any knowledge object. It breaks out the different portions so you can throw it into a form dashboard for filtering.

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd_access
( method=POST OR method=DELETE )
( user!=splunk-system-user user!=- )
( uri_path=/servicesNS/* uri_path!="*/user-prefs/*" uri_path!="/servicesNS/*/*/*/jobs/*/control" uri_path!=/servicesNS/*/mobile_access* )
 | replace "*/ui/views*" with "*/ui_views*", "*/props*" with "**", "*/distributed/peers*" with "*/distributed_peers*", "*/server/serverclasses*" with "*/server_class*" in uri_path
 | where mvcount( split( uri_path , "/" ) ) > 6
 | eval activity = case( method=="POST" AND like( uri_path , "%/acl" ) , "Permissions Update", method=="POST" AND NOT like( uri_path , "%/acl" ) , "Edited" , method="DELETE" , "Deleted" )
 | rex field=uri_path "/servicesNS(/[^\/]+){3}/(?<object_type>[^\/]+)/(?<object_name>[^\/]+)"
 | eval object_name = urldecode( object_name )
 | table _time, user, object_name, object_type, activity

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Take a look at this answer (question) and it should give you a good start:

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/316312/ever-wonder-which-dashboards-are-being-used-and-wh.html

0 Karma

asimagu
Builder

you could check

index=_audit sourcetype=audittrail

then, take a look at the actions field. It may be there what you are trying to find

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...