Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I change the default line weight for Line Charts in Splunk

pjAstroMan
Explorer

Hi there, I am wondering if there is a way to change the defaul line weight used with the Splunk Visualisation tools.

Kind Regards

Paul J.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Depending on which chart you are using, you can use CSS to modify the attributes used on the SVG path. Give your panel an id e.g. "panelid" and modify the stroke-width attribute. If you want it to apply to all charts which use the highcharts-series-group element in their SVG remove the initial div[id="panelid"] This CCS would normally be set up in a hidden/non-display panel.

<style>
          div[id="panelid"] g.highcharts-series-group path {
            stroke-width: 4 !important;
          }
        </style>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

pjAstroMan
Explorer

Hi there ITWhisperer, I've not yet delved into to the developmental aspects of Splunk so am not familiar with a lot of the terminology you are using in your response.  From my perspective, I'm just trying to set the default line width associated with a plain search/visualisation to specific weight, such that all Chart ouput defaults to this line weight.

Paul.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Fair enough, I had assumed you were building a dashboard, and wanted the line weight of the chart in the dashboard to be set. You have less control over how the default visualisation work outside of a dashboard.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Depending on which chart you are using, you can use CSS to modify the attributes used on the SVG path. Give your panel an id e.g. "panelid" and modify the stroke-width attribute. If you want it to apply to all charts which use the highcharts-series-group element in their SVG remove the initial div[id="panelid"] This CCS would normally be set up in a hidden/non-display panel.

<style>
          div[id="panelid"] g.highcharts-series-group path {
            stroke-width: 4 !important;
          }
        </style>

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...