Dashboards & Visualizations

How can Dashboard inputs drive pivot table panels?

guchster

I have a few panels that are driven by pivot tables. Is there a way to use the dashboard inputs as a filter in the search string for these panels?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

marcoscala
Builder

Sure you can't! Use the "|pivot " command to drive your pivot table and add the custom condition driven by the input fields in your search.

0 Karma

muzixulu

Hi

Sorry to take you backwards.

But how exactly do you do it? I'm new to Splunk

Regards

0 Karma

helge
Builder

I take it you mean "you can" insteaf of "you can't"?!

0 Karma

marcoscala
Builder

Yep...... too quick to answer from my iPad....
here's a sample using the OIDemo DataModel

<title>Pivot - Sales</title>
    <search>
      <query>| pivot OIDemo Sales count(Sales) AS "Numero di Sales" SPLITROW _time AS _time PERIOD auto FILTER planType is * FILTER networkProviderName is $networkProvider$ SORT 100 _time ROWSUMMARY 0 COLSUMMARY 0 NUMCOLS 0 SHOWOTHER 1</query>
      <earliest>-30d@d</earliest>
      <latest>now</latest>
    </search>

But you can also use directly the "tstats" command, which is more powerful and flexible in setting conditions and let you manipulate freely the results:

<query>|tstats avg(Orders.Sales.planPrice) AS ARPU FROM datamodel=OIDemo WHERE (nodename=Orders.Sales)  $networkProvider$ $planType$ | eval avg=59 | eval ARPU=round(ARPU,2) | transpose | rename "row 1" as ARPU | fields ARPU | rangemap field=ARPU low=60-999 elevated=53-59 high=43-52 severe=0-42 default=low</query>
      <earliest>-30d@d</earliest>
      <latest>now</latest>
    </search>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...