Dashboards & Visualizations

Help | About menu frustration

Ant1D
Motivator

Hey

I am trying to hide the Help | About default menu from my instance of Splunk. I believe that this may be possible via application.css but I could be wrong.

alt text

The following image above just shows the navigation menu on my splunk instance. I have used application.css to highlight in orange the part of the menu that has the views I have created. Is it possible to highlight just the Help | About menu side? If so, then I believe that I could use CSS to stop the Help | About menu from being displayed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Should be able to use a CSS class:

.auxLinks {
  display: none;
}

to hide them.

Update:

Better probably to use:

.AppBar .auxLinks {
}

View solution in original post

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Should be able to use a CSS class:

.auxLinks {
}

to hide them.

Update:

Better probably to use:

.AppBar .auxLinks {
}

Genti
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

pasting the correct path: splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/modules/nav/AppBar.css

0 Karma

Ant1D
Motivator

Thanks for the info.

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I reverse engineered it using the browser developer tools. Chrome and Safari have them built in, Firefox and IE have toolbars to download. It's in a file share/modules/nav/AppBar.css

0 Karma

Ant1D
Motivator

Wahey! Thanks again gkanapathy. It works 🙂 I couldn't find auxLinks in the default.css file. Where can I find it and what does it do (if anything else other than controlling this menu)?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...