Dashboards & Visualizations

Graphing off Tstats - total mental block

aymonfoa
Engager

Got a search like this (I've obfuscated it a bit)

| tstats count where index IN (index1, index2, index3) by _time , host
| where match(host,"^.*.device.mycompany.com$")

Got a great looking stats table - and Im really pleased with the performance of tstats - awesome.

I want to graph the results... easy right?  well no - I cannot for the life of me seem to break down a say, 60 minute span down by host, despite the fact I got this awesome oven ready totally graphable stats table

so I am trying 

| timechart count by host

but the count is counting the host, whereas I want to "count the count" ?  Any ideas?  this will be a super simple one I expect - I got a total mental block on this

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can either use the prestats option as @richgalloway suggests, or the alternative way is to use count in tstats, then sum(count) in timechart, i.e.

| timechart sum(count) by host

View solution in original post

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can either use the prestats option as @richgalloway suggests, or the alternative way is to use count in tstats, then sum(count) in timechart, i.e.

| timechart sum(count) by host

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Add the prestats option to the tstats command.  That will format the results for timechart to use.

| tstats prestats=t count where index IN (index1, index2, index3) by _time , host
| timechart count by host

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...