Dashboards & Visualizations

Getting to combine all the inputs in a list assigned to All Button

Anandharajuas

I am trying to develop a dashboard with various dependent dropbox getting their data from a lookup table.

Like the below one

Capture.PNG

If the user selects the All button and clicks on the submit button, I just want the details of the data based on the filters to be used in my search.  The store no is multi-select and all other filters are dropdowns.

I am using this store no as my base of the search for the rest of the dashboard details.

Looking for suggestions.

PS: I am a newbie to Splunk.

Labels (3)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

This seems to be straight forwards as per the details/screenshot provided. Could you please add what is not working for you right now? What do you mean by "If the user selects the All button and clicks on the submit button"? Would it be possible for you to add your Simple XML right now? and also what SPL you are trying to run?

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's all about using tokens generated from one input in the search that populates the next, for example

<input type="dropdown" token="region_state" searchWhenChanged="true">
        <label>State</label>
        <fieldForLabel>STATE</fieldForLabel>
        <fieldForValue>STATE</fieldForValue>
        <search>
          <query>| inputlookup patient_lookup.csv
  | stats count by STATE
  | fields STATE</query>
        </search>
        <default>*</default>
        <initialValue>*</initialValue>
        <choice value="*">All</choice>
      </input>
      <input type="dropdown" token="region_suburb" searchWhenChanged="true">
        <label>Suburb</label>
        <fieldForLabel>SUBURB</fieldForLabel>
        <fieldForValue>SUBURB</fieldForValue>
        <search>
          <query>| inputlookup patient_lookup.csv where STATE=$region_state$
  | stats count by SUBURB 
  | fields SUBURB</query>
        </search>
        <choice value="*">All</choice>
        <default>*</default>
        <initialValue>*</initialValue>
      </input>

As you can see from above, the first dropdown supports selection of STATE into token region_state and the second lookup populates its options by using the $region_state$ in its populating search.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...